Target Kids! Parent’s Panels
- TARGet Kids! is conducting a research project called the PARENT Trial, which is exploring the efficacy of a primary care intervention on weight status in children aged 18-36 months. They aim to link early life exposure to health problems including obesity, micronutrient deficiencies, and developmental problems.
- The KT Program will be running two Parents’ Panels that will be conducted with TARGet Kids! parents that are not currently part of the PARENT Trial (pre-trial) and TARGet Kids! parents that have completed the PARENT Trial, respectively.
- The objectives of Parents’ Panels are as follows:
- To gain TARGet Kids! Parents’ perspectives on the proposed protocol, recruitment methods and research outcomes of the PARENT Trial
- To gain perspectives on anticipated and percieved barriers/facilitators to parents’ participation in the PARENT Trial
- The KT Program will deliver a report that will aim to:
- Review and provide feedback on the protocol, recruitment methods, and quality of the intervention
- Provide feedback on the conduct of the trial, issues of access, and barriers and facilitators to participating in the intervention
- Review and provide feedback on the project findings and the dissemination plan at the end of the trial
Who is this done for?
TARGet Kids! is a paediatric research group based at Sick Kids.
Category : TIES Projects
Date : 11 Dec 2019