Are you interested in learning how to implement practices using comprehensive methods and the best available evidence?
Potential participants must submit an application form to be accepted in the course. Payments will be required only when participants are accepted into the course.
If you have any questions regarding this course, please contact Tom Lee (Tom.Lee@unityhealth.to).
- Map barriers and facilitators to change using theories and frameworks
- Systematically select and operationalize implementation strategies to address barriers and facilitators
- Plan for implementation, evaluation, and sustainability
|March 23 to May 15, 2020||Access to online course resources.||April 14-17||4 day in-person workshop in Toronto, Canada|
- Access the online application form here
- We encourage professionals in any health related discipline who are responsible for implementing change to apply
- PKT is particularly beneficial when participants have an implementation project they are working on directly or indirectly
- Implementation projects can be broadly defined or at any stage of development. Examples of previous projects applied during PKT include: preventing urinary tract infections in long-term care homes, improving how researchers engage patients in patient-oriented research, increasing hospital mobilization rates, implementing a data-tracking and monitoring system to reduce perinatal mortality in Ethiopia, increasing primary care guideline adherence, and changing organizational email practices.
$2,850.00 CAD per person. This does not include travel and accommodation costs associated with travelling the in-person workshop in Toronto, Canada.
As part of our Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion mandate we are providing an opportunity for applicants from low-and-middle income countries and from Indigenous communities to apply for a scholarship to cover the cost of the course. Note that we have one scholarship available for this course offering. Interested scholarship applicants can find more information at the end of our course application form here
What people are saying…
"Practicing KT is one of the most engaging and useful courses I’ve taken. It has equipped me with the theory, knowledge and tools to do effective KT, and to share what I’ve learned with my colleagues. Already, the course has had a positive impact on my organization. I feel excited about what we’ll be able to achieve."
"While we were completing the course we were at the same time applying a number of the lessons to support the development of our projects. We have received incredible feedback about these from other departments in our organization, our stakeholders, and other experts in the field."