Are you interested in learning how to implement practices using comprehensive methods and the best available evidence?
The application for this course is now open!
If you would like to discuss whether this workshop aligns with your learning goals and needs, please contact Melissa Courvoisier (CourvoiserM@smh.ca).
- Pre and post workshop webinar;
- 5-day interactive workshop;
- skills-building activities;
- individualized coaching support; and
- take-home resources
The course was designed for professionals implementing changes and focuses on how to apply KT to real-world implementation projects.
- Creates a personalized learning environment to help participants meet their individual KT learning goals.
- Equips participants with the core competencies to effectively integrate KT theories and evidence-informed practices into the development and implementation of their own projects.
- Provides individual coaching support and feedback to help participants directly apply KT methods to their own projects.
- Establishes a community of practice where participants can share their experiences, challenges, and successes with implementation.
- Professionals in any health-related discipline (e.g., healthcare, public health, mental health) who are responsible for implementing change.
- Previous participants have come from a range of organizations (e.g., hospitals, funding organizations, and government agencies) with a variety of backgrounds (e.g., educators, managers, clinicians, knowledge brokers, researchers).
- PKT is particularly beneficial when participants have an implementation project they are working on directly or indirectly
- Implementation projects can be broadly defined or at any stage of development. Examples of previous projects applied during PKT include: preventing urinary tract infections in long-term care homes, improving how researchers engage patients in patient-oriented research, increasing hospital mobilization rates, implementing a data-tracking and monitoring system to reduce perinatal mortality in Ethiopia, increasing primary care guideline adherence, and changing organizational email practices.
The cost includes the introductory webinar, 5 day in-person workshop, in-person coaching support, take-home resources, and a post-workshop webinr. The cost does not include travel or accommodation in Toronto
What people are saying...
"Practicing KT is one of the most engaging and useful courses I’ve taken. It has equipped me with the theory, knowledge and tools to do effective KT, and to share what I’ve learned with my colleagues. Already, the course has had a positive impact on my organization. I feel excited about what we’ll be able to achieve."
"While we were completing the course we were at the same time applying a number of the lessons to support the development of our projects. We have received incredible feedback about these from other departments in our organization, our stakeholders, and other experts in the field."